Focused 100% On Education Law Matters

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Videos
  4.  » Problems With IEPs: What To Do

If the school district is not following my child’s IEP or the IEP is not working, what can I do?

If a school district is not following your child’s IEP or it’s not working, the first thing you should do is request an IEP meeting. This can be done through either the district’s special education coordinator or the school’s principal. If that doesn’t work, a more serious option to consider is what’s called a “due process hearing.” You should consult with an education law attorney who can explain to you the benefits of each procedure.