Petition for Writ of Certiorari

Petition for Writ of Cert…

Petition for Writ of Certiorari

If you attend or attended a public college or university in Florida and have lost all of your school appeals, you have the right to appeal that final decision and seek judicial review. This is done by filing what is called a Petition for Writ of Certiorari and it is governed by Florida Rule of Appellate Procedure 9.190(b)(3). Filing a Writ is not something that many attorneys do. It is a rather unique and specific document that must be prepared, along with an Appendix, and filed with the circuit court located in the county where the school is located.

The key to filing a Petition for Writ of Certiorari is that it must be filed with the court within thirty days of the final college or university decision. If you have been issued a final college or university decision, contact Richard Asselta immediately. Mr. Asselta has experience filing these unique and challenging Writs and can help you.

Mr. Asselta will provide you knowledgeable and aggressive representation to pursue the best possible outcome in your legal matter. Asselta Law provides representation to clients throughout the state.

Are you facing an issue at your school and need legal representation? Call Richard Asselta, education law attorney, today for a free consultation. (855) 338-5299

For More Information

Fill out our online form

Twitter Feed